- Download Latest Version
- Request KeyCode
- Training Videos
- User Guides
- Tech Support
- Free Webinar Training
- Download Court Forms
- Modify Professional Listing
- Renew Subscription
Did You Know...
Family Law Software can calculate child support guideline amounts in 21 states.
|Search all help content:||
Question: How can I adjust page breaking on my Sworn Financial Statement?
First, we recommend that you only "worry" about dangling lines when you are doing the final Sworn Financial Statement. As long as you are working with drafts don't worry about it.
As you edit and add and delete items and/or footnotes throughout the SFS, the page breaking will keep changing. If you change page breaking in the draft, it may then become a problem later. So just wait until you are at that final stage.
The program tries hard to eliminate dangling lines, and most of the time it succeeds. But if you see a dangling line, here are some things to try.
1. On the View/Print SFS screen, there is an option to print with a larger margin at the top for filing with the court. If this might make sense in your situation, give that a try.
2. Try printing a PDF instead of a direct print. Sometimes these dangles will disappear in the PDF version.
3. Take a look at your footnotes. See if you can add another line or two to lengthen the note, or shorten the footnote, whichever gets you the result you need.
4. You can "force" additional white space between sections.
a. Click View/Print SFS, then select the form you want.
b. Scroll down, and click on any line that says, "Click here to add a note."
c. One line will appear. Then, click the blue "note" button at the end of that paragraph. When you do, it will give you one blank line.
d. If that is not enough white space to push things down enough, you then click "edit" at the end of the line. Then, you may add as many lines as you want by holding the control button and press the Enter key (as many times as you want). Once you have your lines, just hit one or two periods. What this will do is create white space that will push the next group of text further down the page.
With all these techniques, you should be able to control the page breaking sufficiently.
5. PDF to Word conversion.
If all else fails, you can get a PDF management program such as Solid Documents PDF-to-Word ($39 at this writing).
Then, you would do the following:
1. Print the Net Worth Statement to a PDF.