- Download Latest Version
- Request KeyCode
- Training Videos
- User Guides
- Tech Support
- Free Webinar Training
- Download Court Forms
- Modify Professional Listing
- Renew Subscription
Did You Know...
Family Law Software can calculate child support guideline amounts in 21 states.
|Search all help content:||
Question: I am getting the message "Error Opening File For Writing" when I am installing the software.
Answer: Most likely, the program is currently running, or it is still in memory from an earlier time running or from an earlier attempt to install.
Here are the steps you can take to resolve the problem:
1. If the program is currently running, simply exit the program and then click "Retry" on the installation dialog. If you have already clicked "Abort" on the installation dialog, just try installing again at this point.
2. If that does not work, you can start Windows Task Manager, by right clicking in the Task Bar, and selecting Task Manager. Then find any or all of the Family Law Software, FLSPlan and FLSPro processes, and remove them from memory. (To remove them from memory, right-click the line where you see Family Law Software, FLSPlan or FLSPro, and click End Task.) Then go back and click "Retry" on the installation dialog. If you have already clicked "Abort" on the installation dialog, just try installing again at this point.
3. If that does not work, or you could not figure out Task Manager, the next thing to try is click "Abort" on the installation dialog, restart your computer, and download and install Family Law Software again.
4. If that does not work, it may be that you do not have the administrative permission to save information ("write") on the hard drive. In that case, speak with the office administrator about what to do next. For example, you may be able to log in to the computer as an "Administrator," which would allow you to install the software.