Did You Know...

Family Law Software can calculate child support guideline amounts in 21 states.

Search all help content:

Back to all FAQ's

Question: How can I calculate child support modifications if there is split custody (each parent is custodial for one or more children).

Answer: Here are the steps to take:

1. Create a new file (Files tab > Save As...). This will be a "what if" file.

2. In this file, on the Lawyer tab > Children screen (or Financial tab > Children screen, or Lawyer tab > Key Support Data screen), indicate that the oldest child is not of an age to be eligible for child support, by clearing the "Eligible Age" box shown below:


3. See what the "current" child support is. The result will be the modification calculated when that child ages out.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for remaining children.

Back to all FAQ's