Release Notes for Version 6.03 released March 10,
This version is focused on making data entry faster and easier.
1. New Tabs. Some functions of the software have been organized in new tabs across the top, and some of the existing tabs have been renamed.
- The "Clients" tab has been renamed "Files." We have moved the "Data Entry Sheets" topic to the "Files" tab.
- The "Advisor" tab has been renamed "Planner."
- We have introduced a new tab, "Negotiate," which incorporates the functions that formerly were in the "Analytics" topic.
2. Topics Renamed or Reorganized.
- We renamed the "Cars, Furniture, Etc." topic to be "Personal Items."
- "Wages & Other Income" has become two topics: "Wages," and "Non-Wage Income."
- The two topics of "Family Debt" and "Bank Debt" have been combined in a single "Debt" category. All debt payments are now entered on a "per month" basis. For simplicity, we have eliminated the option to have "bullet payments" at the end of the debt.
- We have created a "short list" of key Living Expenses. The longer list is available by clicking a link. We have put the short list of both spouses on the same page.
- Alimony and Child Support have become two separate topics.
- The first topic in the "Negotiate" tab, formerly "Key Items of Income," has been renamed "Negotiating Support & Alimony," and has been simplified and clarified.
3. New "Quick Entry" on Most Topics. On most topics, we have either changed the questions or added a "quick entry" layer, in order to allow you to enter data more quickly. The full data entry screens are still available if you click the "more info" link on each screen.
4. Cash Accounts Merged with Investment Accounts. Cash accounts, such as checking accounts, are now treated the same as investment accounts.
5. "After-Tax Cash." All reports that mentioned "After-Tax Net Income" now refer to that figure as "After-tax cash." This is a clearer description of the bottom-line income number.
6. Child support. For convenience, child support now calculates even if no children have been entered.
7. Multiple Insurance Policies. We added the ability to have multiple insurance policies. We also added the ability to specify payments for insurance that extend for a period of years and then stop.
8. Residences Sold in the Current Year. Residences sold in the current year did not show up as an asset in the asset report, and the sale did not register as income. That has been fixed.
"About This Release" Page