Release Notes for Version 6.11, released July 26,
This release contains a number of minor enhancements.
Enhancements and corrections to all editions:
1. Alimony Buyout. We have revised and improved the way we do the alimony buyout calculation. It is now easier to follow, with a complete explanation at the bottom. It is also easier to ask "what if," with separate user entries for pre-tax rate of return and marginal tax rates for each party.
2. Default to Husband as alimony payer. Now, the system defaults to having the husband pay alimony. As with all system defaults, this is easy to change.
3. FICA and Medicare stated separately. Now, FICA and Medicare are stated separately on the tax report. This is useful for some states whose courts want to see the numbers broken out.
4. Calculator, Property Division. In the Calculators, in the Property Division calculator, "Other Debts" were being listed twice in the report. They were not being double-counted, just listed twice. That has been corrected.
5. Refinancing. Added an explanation of how to handle the common situation where a mortgage is completely refinanced, and some of the proceeds go to "buy out" one spouse's interest in the home. This explanation appears as pop-up text several relevant places in the Residence topic. Essentially, you enter the data as if the prior mortgage did not exist. You give the spouse who will keep the home the entire mortgage. And you give the spouse who is selling his or her interest an investment, equal to the cash he or she is taking out.
6. Residences purchased later in the current year. We had been showing residences purchased later in the current year as part of the Property Division reports. It should not be, and we now show those residences as having zero value for property division purposes.
Enhancements and Corrections to Professional Edition only:
7. Professional Edition. On the "more info" screens, there is extensive pop-up help. Made much of that help available from the top level data entry screens. (We hope to complete that task for the next release.)
8. Rentals. We have added the ability to enter rentals at the top level of residences.
"About This Release" Page