Release Notes for Version 7.08 Build 357, released
Release Notes for Version 7.08, Released October 18, 2005
This release features the ability for clients to send their data directly to professionals' software, plus the debut of our Web Data Entry capability.
1. Web data entry. It is now possible for your client to enter his or her basic data on the Web and transmit it directly your software. This makes the entire data entry process much more efficient and accessible. Essentially, there are three steps involved:
a. We will give you a "Professional ID." You will choose for yourself a "Client Access Code" and password. By clicking a button, you send your access code and password to us. You only need to do this once.
b. Your client enters your Professional ID and Client Access Code onto the top Web page to begin. When the client is finished, the client hits the "Transmit" button.
c. When you start your software, you may go to the Files tab, select "Download Files," and then press the "Download" button. You will get your client's data loaded directly into your software.
The Web data entry costs $79 per client. You may set it up so that the bill goes to you, or you may set it up so that the client pays directly.
2. Client Software. It is now the case that from within the Client Software, the client may send files directly to his or her professional. On the Files tab, there is a new screen labeled "Send Files to Professional." The Client Software costs $79 per client.
3. Second Mortgage Refinancing. It is now possible to refinance a second mortgage.
4. New Mortgage on Existing Residence. It is now possible to create a new mortgage on an existing home and specify that the proceeds will be given to the parties.
5. Pension Valuation Omitted from Net Worth. It is now possible to specify that you wish to omit the value of the pension from the Net Worth Spreadsheet Report. There is a new "X" box in the section of the More Info screen where you indicate the pension valuation method. To omit the pension value, you would clear this box.
6. Lawyer Tab. Pension coverture, Social Security income, and the report for state taxes now appear on the Lawyer tab.
7. New York Net Worth Statement. It is now possible to add multiple "Other" deductions. It is also now possible to show separate property subtotals and totals. We added the new certification page and a second date field in the attorney section.
8. Connecticut Affidavit. We made a number of improvements to the Connecticut affidavit:
a. It is now possible to specify (by a checkbox) that the software should calculate the federal and state taxes to show on the Affidavit, based on the income and expenses entered.
b. We also made a number of improvements to the Schedule A page, including changing the header, adding references to lines on the form for each entry, and adding "other income and expenses."
c. We added the ability to specify that footnotes should be printed with the Affidavit.
d. The Affidavit was not displaying well on older screens. That has been fixed.
9. Rhode Island Affidavit. It is now possible to specify, for each asset, that the asset should not be included on the affidavit.
10. New York State Tax in Divorce Calculator. In the previous release, on the Calculators tab, on the Income & Tax screen, state tax was not calculating correctly for New York. That has been fixed.
11. Investment Property Income. It is now possible to view and override the income from each Cash and Investment for each year.
12. Social Security. Previously, we asked for future Social Security income estimates in monthly terms but present Social Security income in annual terms. Now, all Social Security is asked for in monthly terms. Also, previously, if you specified that Social Security was currently being paid, but the party was under the earliest retirement age, no payments would appear. Now, if you specify that Social Security is currently being paid, the Social Security appears on the cash flow statement regardless of the party's age.
13. Debts. We have added the ability to specify debts that will begin in the future.
14. Footnotes. It is now possible to add footnotes on major expenses (such as college payments).
15. Property Division After Tax Effects. On the Property Division screen on the Negotiation and Lawyer tabs, we have added a link to the report that shows property division after tax effects.
16. Remembering the Court. You may now set up the software to remember the court information. Go to the Home tab, select Professional Info, then click the link to enter court information.
Back to "About This Release"