FAQs - Family Law Software


Click on a question to see the answer.

Question: What If A Spouse Is Going To Take Half The Other Spouse's Social Security?

Answer: The software only allows a spouse to enter his or her own Social Security.

To enter a situation where Party B is taking half of Party A's Social Security, please do the following:

1. On Client Info > Income & Expenses > Wage-Like Income, find the line for Social Security income and click "more info".

2. Calculate what the amount will be (i.e., half Party A's Social Security).

3. Figure out how old Party B will be when Party A begins receiving social security.

4. On the Social Security screen, enter that age as the age Party B will retire.

5. Specify that you are entering the benefit amount as of the date payments begin (not as of regular retirement age).

6. As the Social Security amount, enter half Party A's social security.