Click on a question to see the answer.
Question: Why do the Cloud and Desktop software not automatically synchronize data?
Answer: There are many situations where synching would be a problem.
Here are some:
1. Two individuals could be editing different versions of the same file on the desktop. Which would we synch?
2. What would we do if a user deleted a file on the Cloud, should we delete it on the PC too?
3. What if the user is running an old PC version that has synching capability but the file is no longer compatible?
4. Users may be in a restricted environment, such as a coffee shop where email works but the Cloud does not.
5. Users may disconnect from the Internet or power off their PC in the middle of synching. That would corrupt data.
6. Users may work independently on the web and the PC. What would we do then?